Terms of Service
4. Your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
5. Your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
6. Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
7. Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
8. Your Contributions are not used to harass or threaten (in the legal sense of those terms) any other person and to promote violence against a specific person or class of people.
9. Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
10. Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
11. Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors.
12. Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why can't I connect my car?
A variety of reasons can prevent a car from connecting through Carkenny. Below are the most common issues. If this guide doesn’t help, don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- What is the definition of "last known" data point?
last known retrieval of the last known location and odometer of a vehicle. Although the time at which the data are reported to us differs between each OEM, we guarantee that the data will not be older than the last time the vehicle was turned off.
- What is a connected car?
Connected cars are vehicles that have in-built 4G and LTE modems. Most vehicles manufactured after 2015 have been shipping with this connectivity, or "embedded telematics." This essentially makes cars "smart" allowing them to communicate with the Internet.
- How do I add new compatible brands to my app?
When Carkenny adds compatibility for a new brand, we will notify you by email and the car brand will automatically appear in our vehicle authorization dialog. All endpoints available on our docs will work with the newly added brand.
- How can I request early access to Carkenny in my country?
Please reach out to email@example.com, and we’re happy to help you get started.